The Fund's investment objective is to provide a high level of current income consistent with strong, risk-adjusted returns.
expertise in corporate
Sound Point Capital Management, LP, the Fund’s sub-advisor, is a credit-oriented alternative asset manager established by Stephen Ketchum in 2008. Mr. Ketchum has more than 25 years’ experience in credit structuring, advisory and investment management, and a successful track record of building and managing teams. Sound Point’s primary investment objective is to preserve capital in all market conditions and to generate attractive rates of return with low volatility.
Firm inception: 2008
- Stephen Ketchum,
Managing Partner and Principal Owner,
industry since 1991
- Rick Richert, Portfolio Manager,
industry since 1994
- Ryan Kohan, Co-Portfolio Manager,
industry since 2007
strategy and objectives
- The Fund invests primarily in floating-rate instruments of non-investment grade U.S. corporate issuers, broadly diversified across industry and sector.
- Sound Point uses an in-depth, bottom-up, fundamental approach with the goal of minimizing credit and default risks.
- Sound Point believes alpha generation is driven by active management and being highly selective in the new issue market and nimble in how it invests.
- Sound Point aims to achieve lower volatility than the overall market, particularly in periods of dislocation.
Total Fund Assets
|Sound Point Capital Management, LP
FUND overview flyer*
for Uncertain Economic Conditions
Stephen Ketchum and Rick Richert, CFA
Sound Point Capital Management, LP
*For investment professional use only. Login required.